My ideal outfit for a night out in Paris; summer gamine with a boxy blazer (linen for summer nights), mini dress, tights, and oxfords.
A low heel is the French compromise between style and practicality. No way you're navigating a cobblestone street or catching the metro in spike stilettos! On the other hand, evening is the time to trade your sneakers for something a little more polished.
Paris nightlife is pretty comprehensive; whatever your vibe it's going on somewhere in the city. There are always groups drinking wine on the Canal Saint-Martin, club bbies behind the velvet rope at nightclubs, and probably at least a few Eyes Wide Shut parties going on in the Catacombs.
My preference, wherever the night takes me, is to start at a cocktail bar. Here are a few of my favorite Paris cocktail bars:
1. Dirty Dick (tiki bar in Pigalle)
2. Candelaria (tequila/mezcal bar with badass cocktails)
3. Little Red Door (right around the block from Candelaria)
4. Experimental Cocktail Club
5. Glass (also in Pigalle. If Joseph is working, ask him for a Pisco Sour)
Outfit details: vintage linen blazer and polka dot dress, Uniqlo tights, Louise et Cie patent oxfords, Everlane Petra bag, MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo.